Forge Close Surgery

020 8462 1601

Non-NHS services

Private Patients

NHS services are provided free of charge and we do not normally see patients privately. However the NHS has strict regulations about who can be treated free of charge. Click here to see the latest regulations. If you or a relative or friend live abroad, are visiting this country you may not be  entitled to NHS care.

Private Services

The NHS does not pay for some of the services we provide. These include private sick notes, insurance claim forms, holiday cancellation forms, medical reports, fitness to travel certificates and private prescriptions. Again our fees for these services are in line with BMA approved national guidelines. GPs also complete forms in connection with life insurance applications; please  see the attached leaflet which explains the process for this : Insurance report handling

Private Referrals

If you need to be referred for a specialist opinion and wish to be seen privately by the specialist we will make a private referral and will not charge you for this. You will usually be asked to contact the hospital yourself and make an appropriate appointment with the agreed specialist. A referral letter will be prepared and you will usually be asked to collect it from the surgery reception and take it with you to your appointment.  We request that you allow a week for this letter to be prepared.
If you need us to complete a claim form for your private medical insurance company there will be an administrative charge for doing so and please note that we are only able to complete the forms if we have been involved in the referral process.

Private Medicals for DVLA/TfL

We are able to arrange medicals required by the DVLA (eg for HGV drivers) and TfL (for taxi drivers).  There is a charge payable for this.  Please contact us if you need to arrange an appointment.

Private Health Screening Medicals

We are not able to provide private health screening at the surgery. If you seek a private health screening medical then we advise you contact a private provider such as BUPA.


We do not sign passport photographs or shotgun licence applications.